Chiptunes and Extreme Counterpoint
by Charlie Rogers.
>> See the composition theory and process here! <<
What's happening right now:
- Slowly reallocating opus numbers. They might change around.
- Redoing EQ on Pokémon India
- Figuring out how to get to the "final battle" in the Vickers Epic
- On a roll adding The Mad Convoy Race to the Sonic Adventure Suite
- Trying to arrange this page better with html tutorials
- When did everybody start using css
100% of my work is created on a Korg M3-88 from 2009.
I am a trained classical pianist and fluent in sawtooth with the Alesis Vortex Wireless keytar.
All chiptunes heard in my work are custom single-wave instruments pulled from the Korg M3's baser library.
They use no envelopes and (almost) no volume adjustments; all emotion is achieved with pitch bend and vibrato and compositional magic!
Please enjoy! Feel welcome to say hi on twitter, show me your work, and suggest new recompositions!<